The Visa Application Saga Update

Tuesday 18 June 2013
I applied for further leave to remain back in April only to have my application rejected on account of my own stupidity. I forgot to check a box saying I hadn't committed any war crimes, you can read about it in my previous visa related post The Visa Application Saga. As you can imagine the whole visa application process has been very stressful for Luke and I. We were even preparing ourselves for not being able to go to Pau in July.

We were therefore a bit shocked when we returned home late yesterday evening to find a message in our post box that a packet had arrived for me and I needed to go to the local Royal Mail delivery office to pick it up. We assumed it must be the visa but it had arrived sooner than expected. I had butterflies in my stomach from the time I picked up the message that didn't subside during the whole mad rush to the post office. I was worried that my visa application had been rejected AGAIN!

However, I am pleased to announce it wasn't and I have my passport back! My biometric residency permit, which gives me the right to stay and work in this country will arrive in 7-10 days and as long as that is all correct this whole visa application saga will be over! Or at least over until two years down the line when I apply for permanent residency, but I'm not going to think about that just yet!

American Passport

My Visa Application Saga Timeline*

Thursday 4 April 2013 - Post my first visa application to the UK Border Agency and pay £561.00. Write Another Two Years, my first visa related blog post.
Friday 5 April 2013 - UK Border Agency receive my first visa application
Tuesday 23 April 2013 - UK Border Agency request my biometrics (fingerprints, etc)
Thursday 2 May 2013 - Get my biometrics taken (£19.20) and sent to the UK Border Agency
Thursday 9 May 2013 - UK Border Agency write to inform me my visa application has been rejected.
Monday 13 May 2013 - Receive my first application back.
Thursday 16 May 2013 - Post my second visa application to the UK Border Agency and pay £578.00 (The Border Agency did end up refunding my first application fee). Write The Visa Application Saga blog post.
Monday 20 May 2013 - UK Border Agency write to inform they have received my application.
Thursday 30 May 2013 - UK Border Agency request my biometrics again.
Tuesday 4 June 2013 - Get my biometrics taken  again (£19.20) and sent to the UK Border Agency
Friday 14 June 2013 - UK Border Agency write to inform me that my biometric residency permit is on it's way and should receive it in 7-10 days. Send my passport back!
Monday 17 June 2013 - I receive my visa application back!

*Please note that everyone's application timeline will be different, I've since met an American who didn't get her passport and biometric residency permit back for four months. I consider myself very lucky!

Thank you UK Border Agency!

Erin x 

7 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    Congrats! Bet it's a huge weight lifted off your shoulders! Enjoy your holiday next month :)

  1. This is so helpful for me to read right now, as I'm just beginning to prepare my application for FLR(M). I'm here on a fiancé visa and the deadline is just one week after our wedding!! Doesn't give us much time to post the application, as I need my passport to fly back to England after our N. Ireland wedding. So we're looking into scheduling an in-person appointment. We'll see. Not looking forward to this at all. But it's good to know that you're not instantly kicked out if you get a denial! So thank you very much for sharing, and I'm glad you got it all sorted out relatively quickly!

  1. Thanks Dannielle! After these past few months we certainly need a holiday!

    If you need any help with your FLR(M) or just need some advice give me a shout, I'd be happy to help. You can email me at quintessentiallyenglish16@gmail.com or tweet me @essentialerin. Good luck! It's a stressful time but you will get through it. As long as you're in the process you should be fine and the Border Agency won't come calling for you.

    Erin x

  1. Thanks Erin, that's very kind of you! Just looked at the nearly 50-page application again...oy. Need to go buy some ink for the printer.

    Catherine

  1. Yes I don't think the UK Border Agency care about being environmentally friendly. ;)

    Erin x

  1. Hurrah Erin!! Excellent news, so relieved for you!! Xxx

  1. Thanks Holly! I'm so happy! :)

    Erin x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...