The Happiest Day of the Year

Saturday 22 June 2013
According to some psychologists yesterday, 21 June, is the happiest day of the year. I'm assuming this has some correlation with it being the longest day of the year. We humans do love our vitamin D! I can't speak for all humankind but for me yesterday certainly WAS the happiest day of the year for two reasons.

1) My biometric residence permit has FINALLY arrived! This permit is proof of my right to live and work in the United Kingdom for another two years. Which means this chapter of my visa application saga is over. Next up is to take the 'Life in UK' test and apply for permanent leave to remain in 2015, but I'm not going to think about for a few weeks at least. 

The best part of receiving my biometric residence permit is that we can officially go to Pau! I'm so excited to return to the city where Luke and I met. We will be staying with my maman francaise, Domi, and petit frère, Yann, for the ten days we are out there. The reason we were so keen to go to Pau this specific time in July is our friend and Luke's former housemate, Paul, is getting married! Being back in Pau is going to be a wonderful trip down memory lane.

 Le Château de Pau (Pau Castle)
 Le Château de Pau

2) We spent the day at the spa at Whittlebury Hall. After my permit had arrived, Luke and I headed to Whittlebury Hall for some much needed relaxation at their day spa. Whittlebury Hall is approximately 10 miles from us and has an amazing day spa which includes a heat and ice experience. The heat and ice experience allows you to slowly heat up starting in the Caldarium before moving to the steam room and Sauna and then quickly cool down in the Ice Cave. A couple cycles of this process will leave you feeling like a new person.

After we felt sufficiently clensed we laid by the pool drinking smoothies and reading our respective books (Luke A Year in the Merde, and myself Sense and Sensibility). I'm so close to the end now and I'm really  enjoying it. I know some of you in the Jane Austen Book Club have already finished Sense and Sensibility so do tell me what you thought of it and remember July's book is Pride and Prejudice.

Whittlebury Hall Day Spa - Heat and Ice Experience
Source

We returned home feeling rejuvenated and certainly happy!

Q: Was yesterday the happiest day of the year for you?

Erin x

7 comments:

  1. Jade said...:

    Erin, I've got a copy of the official Life in the UK study guide that I no longer need that I'd be happy to send across to you if you would like it, however, I'm not sure if it's the most recent or the previous edition. Email me if you'd like to chat!

    Jade x

  1. Thanks for the offer Jade but I've actually already purchased the books. Hoping to take the test this autumn. I'll probably be emailing you with questions closer to the time!

    Erin x

  1. Debbie Buisson said...:

    I would have LOVED for June 21 to be the happier day of the year! After all it was Friday so it had quite a bit going for it. Unfortunately most of the day was really cloudy and we all know that puts a damper on things :(

  1. Yes I had heard that May and June were supposed to be unseasonably warm this year but so far haven't seen any proof of that. Here's hoping for an Indian summer!

    Erin x

  1. It was! I finally started a new job, so I will be able to support myself financially here in Canada - it means so much to me and now I know I will be able to stay here!!!

  1. Congratulations yourself! I bet that's such a weight off your mind.

    Erin x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...