Return to England

Sunday 20 February 2011
I feel like the walking dead at the moment. It's 9.30 am and I've been awake for 3 1/2 hours, while Luke happily snores away next to me. Suffice it to say I'm jealous! But I guess that's what happens when you spend three months on a different time zone. Oh England, how I missed thee!

Not much has changed in jolly ol' England since I left it, save for the Christmas baubles that have now been replaced with Valentine's Day confetti. (Hopefully that tackiness will disappear soon.) Preparations for the Royal Wedding are in full swing, one of the top stories today on BBC is that the invitations have gone out. Just a small gathering of family and friends of 1,900 for the ceremony before dwindling down for the various receptions. I hope Wills remembers that my name has changed for my invitation. Because perhaps the biggest change to England is that I left it a 'Miss' and came back a 'Mrs.'

Aren't we cute?!

But some things never change, like the weather. It was rainy and cold when I left for Vegas, and it is rainy and cold when I come back. I'm comforted by the fact that it appears to be warming up, the early spring flowers are beginning to bloom. I didn't realize there was such a thing as early spring, considering typical 'spring weather' lasts for about two weeks in Vegas.

I am most disappointed to find the furry friends that live in our attic (aka rats) are still with us. I asked Luke to take care of them while I was away, but his love for all living creatures got in the way. He felt they weren't 'hurting us' even though the sounded the size of cats. But during his two weeks in Vegas for Christmas and our wedding, the rats became a little more adventurous - breaking into our kitchen cupboards to raid all our food. That finally got Luke on my side and he promptly went out and purchased rat poison. Although the little creatures have yet to ingest it and just bloody well DIE ALREADY!

Well the church bells are ringing now, I think it's official that I'm not going back to sleep. Time to start the day out the English way - with a cup of tea and a crumpet.

Erin x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...