Travel Tuesday: Lunch at La Co(o)rniche

Tuesday 27 August 2013
This summer Luke and I returned to Pau in the southwest of France after a nearly four-year absence. We flew in to Bordeaux, as direct connections to Pau from England aren't as frequent as they once were. We were happy for the detour to Bordeaux as it gave us the opportunity to catch up with Guillaume, a former colleague of Luke's.

Guillaume insisted we were his guests for the day and as the weather was so lovely Guillaume decided to take us to one of his favourite restaurants. Our destination was about an hour away from Bordeux in the seaside resort of Pyla sur Mer.  La Co(o)rniche is a Michelin-starred restaurant famous for its seafood and views of the Dune du Pilat, the highest sand dune in Europe.

Q: Just how high is the highest sand dune in Europe?

A: 105 metres high, 2700 metres long, 500 metres wide, 
and 60 million cubic metres of sand!

I didn't know what to expect but the ambiance was amazing and the meal was spectacular! Luke and I split the Assiette de la Mer (oysters, prawns, langoustines, clams, mussels, winkles, and whelks) which we washed down with a lovely Bordeaux rosé. The moral of the story, if you're in the Arcachon area, you need to visit this restaurant!

La Corniche - La Co(o)rniche, Pyla-sur-Mer
Guillaume and Luke
La Corniche - La Co(o)rniche, Pyla-sur-Mer
Dune du Pilat at La Corniche - La Co(o)rniche, Pyla-sur-Mer
Dune du Pilat
La Corniche - La Co(o)rniche, Pyla-sur-Mer
La Corniche - La Co(o)rniche, Pyla-sur-Mer
 Erin x

Linking up with Found Love, Now What  and A Compass Rose for Travel Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I am dying to go to Bordeaux, will definitely bookmark this place if I get around to it before I leave Europe :)

    Kate @ fattofitgeek.com

  1. Jade said...:

    I think I might just have to get my butt there next time I am in France!

  1. It was delicious! Definitely worth the hour drive out of Bordeaux!

    Erin x

  1. tlcukjourney said...:

    Hmmmmmm WELL... I don't know about the Sea Food... you are a braver woman than I am, but I will say yes to the wine and that view!
    Tammy x

  1. Sara Louise said...:

    Yes to that seafood platter! It looks amazing :)

  1. Unknown said...:

    I could go there tomorrow! Would love to visit soon. Thank you for linking up with me for Travel Tuesdays!

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose an expat lifestyle blog

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...