Top 10 John Lennon Quotes

Tuesday 9 October 2012
You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.
- The Beatles ('Birthday', White Album)
Besides the millions of strangers I share my birthday with, I also am blessed to share it with two very important people in my life - my mother's best friend since childhood and John Lennon. Okay, so while I didn't know John Lennon personally (he died about 6 years before I was born), he was a member of my all time favourite band The Beatles and an all around legend!

To celebrate our birthdays and 50 years of Beatlemania (last week was the anniversary of the single "Love Me Do") I am sharing ten of my all time favourite John Lennon quotes.

Top 10 John Lennon Quotes of All Time

  1. For our last number, I'd like to ask your help. Would the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands. And the rest of you, if you'll, just rattle your jewelry.
  2. Remember love. The only hope for any of us is peace.
  3. If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. 
  4. Part of me suspects that I'm a loser and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.
  5. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
  6. She forced me to become avant-garde and take my clothes off, when all I wanted was to be Tom Jones 
  7. Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.
  8. Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
  9. Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted.


Source

Erin x

NB: Since writing this post I have discovered that I also share a birthday with David Cameron, our current Prime Minister.

1 comments:

  1. Lovely quotes collection. I have collected many quotes from you. Thanks for sharing!! You may like- keyword

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog! I love receiving them, good and bad, so please don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...