My score was 8/12, but how did you do? What did you learn? Let me know on Quintessentially English's brand new Facebook Page or tweet to me @essentialerin!
2. Where was the Queen when she first heard the news that she had become Queen?
Tree Tops - Kenya
3. How many dogs does the Queen currently own?
Six - 3 Corgis and 3 Dorgis (a cross between a Dachshund and the Corgi)
4. Who played the guitar on the roof of Buckingham Palace to mark the Queen's Golden Jubilee?
5. What colour does the Queen traditionally wear when visiting the Vatican?
6. Who designed the Queen's dress for her wedding and coronation?
7. Where are the Crown Jewels kept?
Tower of London
8. Which of following historic events has NOT taken place during the Queen's reign?
a. The end of food rationing in the UK
b. The moon landing
c. the building of the Berlin wall
d. The Festival of Britain
9. The Queen's coronation was the most watched event on television at the time, even though only 5.5 million households in the UK (about one third of the population) had televisions. How many households have TV today?
a. 1 Million
b. 13 Million
c. 26 Million
d. 50 Million
10. How many miles of motorway did the UK have in 1952?
0 - The first motorway in the UK opened in 1958.
11. The position of women in the workforce of the UK has changed since 1952. Today approximately half the workforce is female. What % of those employed in 1952 were female?
12. Which iconic musician said the following at the 1963 Royal Variety Performance in the presence of the Queen? "For our last number I'd like your help. Would you people in the cheaper seats clap your hands and for the rest of you just rattle your jewellery."
a. Paul McCartney
b. John Lennon
c. Brian May
d. Bob Dylan